Preparing a survival shelter for yourself may not be an as complicated task as some would think. Since there are a number of different types of survival shelters, all you need to know is which one of them is going to be the most suitable one for you in fulfilling your requirements in an appropriate fashion. Perhaps because of the minimal equipment and the short time that is required to make a lean-to prepping shelter, a number of people choose to prefer it over the alternatives. If you happen to fall in the same category, you must ask the following questions to yourself before deciding on the location for your lean-to prepping shelter:
- How much and effort are you willing to put in?
- Is your shelter going to be able to protect you against the sun, rain, snow, wind etc.?
- Do you have the tools at your disposal to make a lean-to shelter? Can you get your hands on the improvised tools if not?
- Do you have the materials in sufficient quantities which are going to be utilized in order to make a lean-to prepping shelter?
The following list of materials accentuates what you need to make a lean-to prepping shelter:
- 2-3 meters of rope or perhaps a parachute suspension line
- About 30 centimeters long of three stakes
- Two trees or even any kind of two poles which are two to three meters apart
How To Make A Lean-to?
- Take the hood of poncho and tie it off
- Roll the hood longways after tightening the drawstring
- Tie it off with the drawstring after folding in into thirds
- Cut the rope in half and tie each of it to the corner grommet of the poncho on each side
- About 2.5 centimeters from the grommet, attach a drip stick
- It will disable the rain water to move through the rope and enter the lean-to prepping shelter
- Make sure that you are tightening the ropes at least at the height of the waist on trees
- Making use of a round turn along with two half hitches and a quick release knot is considered to be ideal
- Spread the poncho as wide as you conveniently can and then anchor it to the ground in an appropriate fashion
- Make sure that you have placed sharpened sticks not only into the ground but through the grommets on each side of the poncho as well
There is no argument over the fact that there are other kinds of prepping shelters which can be learned to make conveniently as well. However, a lean-to prepping shelter is one of the most efficient options and this is exactly why most of the people prefer to make this kind as far as requiring a prepping shelter for short period of time is concerned. Now that you are aware of the fundamental procedure that is to be followed in order to make a prepping shelter, you are in a better position to survive any kind of an unpredicted situation.